Thursday, February 9, 2017

Week 1: Return to Slalom

Wow, this is my first post... so exciting!
Anyway...

This is my first week interning back at Slalom Phoenix since July last summer. It's been really great to see everyone again. There are quite a few new people who joined the Slalom team since my last internship. It seems like so much has changed but also hasn't at the same time. 

My first day interning was a little hectic. My on-site supervisor, Jim, called in sick, so I couldn't start researching right out of the gate. Instead, April, my supervisor from the previous internship, invited me to join in a meeting with a marketing team about creating a networking event at a spring training game. I quickly began researching spring training schedules, the locations and times of each game, as well as VIP seating and pricing for groups. We should be having our follow up meeting on this within the next day or so. 

I'm looking forward to getting the raw data for my research. I know that the number crunching in the beginning will take a while, but I'm hoping the outcome of my research will be pragmatic. As the first week of my internship comes to an end, I have a feeling this will be a fun and enriching experience. It's great to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment