Friday, February 24, 2017

Week 3: The Search for Data Continues...

The beginning of my third week at Slalom was a little rocky... I went away with a group of my friends to Flagstaff and the Arizona Snowbowl for the long weekend as a last hooray before parting ways for roughly two or three months until graduation. While our trip up north was filled with fun from skiing, snowboarding, and other shenanigans, once I arrived back home, I completely crashed, and I ended up spending a day to recover from dehydration. Thankfully, I was able to get right back to work after my sick day. However, not everything went as planned going into this week. 

If you read my last blog, you are well aware of my struggle to attain data for my statistical research, and upon my return to Slalom I found that I had not yet received a reply from Ali. I sent her a follow-up email on Wednesday, but I have yet to hear back from her. Upon relaying this information to April, we sat down to discuss where to move from this point. Ultimately, we decided to reach out to Erin and Damaris, our local sales team, about possible event data, as they are often the ones who invite clients to networking events. April also said she would try to reach out to the Chicago branch about my project and hope that she could make some connections. 

While I haven't found the data I am looking for yet, I've still been busy around the office performing tasks similar to those from my previous internship at Slalom. Hopefully soon my search for data will conclude, and then I can begin digging into the analysis of possible correlations between events and sales.

2 comments:

  1. I know it's early in your project, but what kind of data is going to be compiled for this project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking at event and sales data, honestly at this point in my project it's a little difficult to tell what exactly the data will look like, but I'm basically searching for event data that shows me the date and attendance of that specific event and how, if at all, it affected a sales outcome.

    ReplyDelete