Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 4: A New Light

Once again, I've found that my efforts to obtain data have fallen short. I'm beginning to worry that the outcome of this project will not be all that I hoped. I've received no response from my contacts in terms of my project data inquiries, despite repeated efforts, and while I've been performing intern tasks around the office and have been given small scale projects to work on, I have not made much progress in my research.

I decided it was time to force my hand, so I reached out to Jim, my supervisor and the branch manager. I asked if there was anyway he could assist with my research, or if he might be able to shed some new light on how I could go about obtaining data. In the past, Jim has been a big help, and I'm hoping that this will give the push that my research needs to really get rolling.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you decided to reach out to Jim. As a sponsor, one of his roles would be to clear hurdles and/or provide resource to help you be successful. Being sure you have a sponsor is HUGE - a very important thing for any project...even those that Slalom consultants are working on. I'm interested to see where this goes from here, now that you've reached out to Jim.

    ReplyDelete