Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Week 7.5: Kickball

This past weekend, my office held a kickball tournament at El Dorado Park. Going into the tournament everyone was really excited, and given that many of my coworkers are competitive, I was expecting to have a really fun day of kickball. The day started out with the Red and Green teams facing off, with the Red team winning by a long shot. Next my team, the Blue team, played against the Black team, in a close match up ending with a score of 1-0 after multiple extra innings. The championship game between the Blue and Red teams was a close one, we were neck and neck right until the end. During one of the final plays of the championship game, one of my coworkers on the Red team, Wil, was running to the base when he tore his ACL, or so we thought at the time. After the game Wil went to see a doctor, and since then I've heard that he may have fractured a leg bone, rather than tear his ACL, but either way, sadly, he won't be playing kickball again for a while. Despite having a player down, the Red team still beat us, and given the circumstances, I'd say it was a well deserved victory for Wil and the rest of them.
On a more project sided note, I am finishing up the first draft of my final paper, and I've decided to try and include a chi-square test analysis of my data to check for significance. I'm having a hard time running the numbers in my Minitab software at the moment, but I plan on going into see my BASIS adviser to see if she can help me overcome this obstacle.

4 comments:

  1. Nice recap of the big kickball tourney...the last I heard, it sounded like Wil was on the mend...which is great news. Looking forward to seeing your final paper and presentation...I'm hoping you'll share it at the office? We promise to be a friendly audience! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spoke with April about setting up a Lunch&Learn to practice before my final presentation on May 6th. Right now I think she's looking at planning to hold one on the afternoon of May 5th.

      Delete
  2. How would you say the community at Slalom is and how did/does it affect your research?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, the community at Slalom is like a family.
      Everyone is very kind and willing to help if you ask for it. All of my co-workers have been very helpful and encouraging with my project, and I'd say that it's really made my internship experience as well as my research very fun and productive. (Sorry about replying to this so late ^^;)

      Delete