Friday, March 17, 2017

Week 6: Pot o' Gold

Happy St. Patrick's day! Everyone in the office seems to be excited about today, and I can't tell if that's because of the holiday or simply because its Friday. Still, everybody is decked out in green, and if not April set out a bunch of fun St. Patty's day accessories in the kitchen to get people in the holiday spirit. Another fun aspect about this week is that we started the office's annual March Madness bracken challenge. So far my bracket isn't doing the best. A few of my upset picks didn't go as I expected. As of now it's not looking like I'll win the bracket challenge this year, but I'll still keep my fingers crossed, just in case.

In addition to the fun week in the office, I've made great progress in my research. I've initiated my analysis on the sales outcomes from a specific event, and it's seem like I've found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I'm seeing a general trend where the overall sales timeline is faster for the companies who attended this Slalom hosted event compared to those who did not attend. There also appears to be a trend in the sales probabilities where the event attendees companies have a higher overall closing probability. I'm still going to have to carry out some tests to ensure the data is significant, rather than by random chance.

2 comments:

  1. Just for clarification, are you testing Slalom business training for effectiveness? Also,does pot of gold mean that the findings are what you expected, or a pleasant surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to find out if by holding a training or other networking style events, the overall sales created from the event attendees has a faster timeline and/or more profits. Also the pot of gold reference, for the most part, was me trying to be festive, but also indicates the progress I've made has been very satisfactory, given the obstacles I had to overcome in order to collect the data I needed to conduct my research.

    ReplyDelete